Monday, September 26, 2011

Suuuuuuper Easy & Protein Packed Steak Fajitas


While starting to prepare this dish tonight, I realized that I didn't have any limes - a key element to the marinade - so it was back to the store.  As I was pulling in (backwards), I didn't notice that there was a guy on a massive chopper (modified motorcycle), two spots away.  I didn't notice because he was concealed by the van in the space next to me.

I got out of my truck and started heading to the entrance, noticing a mother walking in front of me, holding the hand of (what I would guess to be) her 3-4 year old son.  As we approached the doors, the idiot fired up his motorcycle and the only thing louder than that bike starting was my confusing, startled reaction of, "WHAT THE FRICK?!!..."  as I did one of those awkward jumps when you're not expecting something.  (P.S. I'm not sure why I didn't just go all the way and outright curse, but that's what came out.).  All I know is that I was the only one in that entire parking lot that reacted to that noise.  That little kid didn't even bat an eyelash.  He did, however, turn his head to look back at me and gave me cockeyed look as if to say, "...are you serious dude?".   Anyways, here's my recipe.

...stupid kid.


Protein-Packed Steak Fajitas

Ingredients:
  • 1# Flank Steak or Well-Marbled Sirloin
  • 1/2 Red Onion, Sliced
  • 3-4 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
  • Juice of 2 Lemons
  • 1 Tbsp. Chili Sauce
  • Roma Tomatoes, Diced for Garnish
  • Fresh Cilantro Leaves, for Garnish
  • Whole Wheat Tortillas
How To Make:
  • Slice the onion and chop the garlic, tossing them into a large bowl.  Slice your steak (with a different knife and cutting board of course) and add to the bowl as well.  Squeeze your lime juice over the mixture and add the chili sauce.  Give everything a good stir to combine, cover with saran wrap and allow to marinade it the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  • When ready to cook, heat 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil in a saute pan over medium heat and add the marinaded mixture.  Cook - stirring occasionally for 6-7 minutes.  When ready to serve, spoon some of the mixture into a wheat tortilla, garnish with tomatoes & cilantro and roll up.  These taste good by themselves, or you can serve with Frank's Sweet Chili dipping sauce or ranch dressing.  Yes, ranch dressing...it's good. 
  • This meal has 52 grams of protein compared to only 23 grams of fat.  This will allow you to enjoy that Milano cookie later in the evening.







No comments:

Post a Comment